Python Developer (June 2012)Gymglish is developing a new approach to English language learning, highly successful in France, and now available in many other countries. You can learn more about our approach here: http://www.gymglish.com/fr/en/english
We are a small team (less than 20) of passionate young people working in an international environment (we count 8 nationalites at the office) where we are proud to develop a great software package that lets people better themselves (and not only in English). You can get an idea of who we are by watching these videos: http://www.gymglish.com/fr/en/english-lessons-video
All the technology behind Gymglish (from the Artificial Intelligence engine to the front- and back- office web sites) is written in Python, and has been since the company's first day in February 2004. Our work methodology is based on Extreme Programming (although not we do not strictly do Extreme Programming) with systematic unit tests and pair-commits.
We are looking for a Python developer to join us in our Paris offices (France, 12th arrondissement), in our Tel Aviv offices (Israel) or in Florianopolis (Brazil, where telecommuting a few days a week would be possible). Working at Gymglish is rewarding and fun, every member of the team benefits from each individual's expertise.
Job description:* Full job position (CDI) in our Paris offices (France, 12th arrondissement), in our Tel Aviv offices (Israel) or in Florianopolis (Brazil, where telecommuting a few days a week would be possible).
* General python programming of our GymGlish software (Python on Linux).
* Web development served by Python (Django and Zope/Plone) on Linux.
* Possibility to obtain responsibilities very fast and have lots of autonomy based on profile.
* Possibilities of fast advancement.
Skills required:* Passion.
* Very good python programming skills.
* Problem-solving skills.
* English is a must, French is a plus.
* Allowed to work in France, Israel or Brazil depending on requested job location.
* We accept candidates with or without prior corporate experience.
Pluses:* Skills in web design, usability and ergonomy.
* Knowledge of Flash, video, mobile devices, web standards, HTML 5.
* Linux system administration skills.
Contact: Antoine Brenner
Tel: (+33) 1 53 33 02 40