Übersetzung & Englisch-Wortschatz (See all)
He is a very able person. Er ist eine sehr kompetente Person.
to be able (to do something): imstande sein, in der Lage sein (etwas zu tun)
UK: Lucy is a very able athlete.
US: She was unable to fix my car by Tuesday.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Engineers are currently developing craft which would be able to fly from London to New York in 35 hours."
- "I hope you are able to rearrange your travel plans."
- "I've looked at your Medical History questionnaire and I'm afraid you won't be able to give blood today."
- "'I'm afraid we are currently experiencing cash-flow problems and will not be able to pay for the shipment of perfumes until next month."
- "Philip : But this year, if this rate of growth continues, I am confident that we will be able to beat."
- "Kevin : Well Mrs Lee, because your factory seems so versatile, I was wondering if you would be able to handle our cosmetic packaging as well."
- "ChinaCorp will definitely be able to take care of the production requirements you mentioned."
- "And since this is the Queen's Head pub, I thought you might be able to help me with my enquiries."
- "I haven't been able to see Game of Groans for weeks."
- "Philip : Will they be able to produce enough Bruno's Brew to supply this order?"
Haben Sie eine Anmerkung oder kennen Sie einen guten Trick, um keine Fehler mehr mit Able zu machen? Dann teilen Sie sie mit uns!