Übersetzung & Englisch-Wortschatz (See all)
to compete (with): konkurrieren, sich messen, an einem Wettkampf teilnehmen
As a child, Philip always competed with his siblings for their parents' attention. Als Philip klein war, hat er immer mit seinen Geschwistern um die Aufmerksamkeit der Eltern gewetteifert.
UK: As a child, Philip always competed with his siblings for their parents' attention.
US: I am competing in this year's marathon.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "While Wang has his work cut out for him, the idea that China can compete with the traditional European luxury giants in retail and distribution is no longer a hazy prospect, but now a near certainty."
- "Horatio : Competing?"
- "Therefore, we are delighted to inform you that you have been selected to compete in the Olympic Games."
- "The samba schools compete to win the main prize."
- "Bruno : No, I'm competing in the Olympics."
- "Details about the event in which you will be competing are included on the next page."
- "The sun has just risen and I'm here on Ipanema Beach to report on the lovely girls from Ipanema, who are competing in the women's beach volleyball world championship."
Haben Sie eine Anmerkung oder kennen Sie einen guten Trick, um keine Fehler mehr mit Compete zu machen? Dann teilen Sie sie mit uns!