Übersetzung & Englisch-Wortschatz (See all)
to compete (with): konkurrieren, sich messen, an einem Wettkampf teilnehmen
As a child, Philip always competed with his siblings for their parents' attention. Als Philip klein war, hat er immer mit seinen Geschwistern um die Aufmerksamkeit der Eltern gewetteifert.
UK: As a child, Philip always competed with his siblings for their parents' attention.
US: I am competing in this year's marathon.
- "The sun has just risen and I'm here on Ipanema Beach to report on the lovely girls from Ipanema, who are competing in the women's beach volleyball world championship."
- "Horatio : Competing?"
- "The samba schools compete to win the main prize."
- "Bruno : No, I'm competing in the Olympics."
- "Details about the event in which you will be competing are included on the next page."
- "Therefore, we are delighted to inform you that you have been selected to compete in the Olympic Games."
- "While Wang has his work cut out for him, the idea that China can compete with the traditional European luxury giants in retail and distribution is no longer a hazy prospect, but now a near certainty."
Haben Sie eine Anmerkung oder kennen Sie einen guten Trick, um keine Fehler mehr mit Compete zu machen? Dann teilen Sie sie mit uns!