Übersetzung & Englisch-Wortschatz (See all)
a person: eine Person
Note that 'persons' is rarely used in everyday English as the plural form of 'person', the common rule is now: one person, two people. 'Persons' is used in formal and legal contexts:
No more than 8 persons in this lift. Dieser Aufzug kann nicht mehr als acht Personen aufnehmen.
- "I simply say ‘You are fired' in my sexy (and largely incomprehensible) accent and the person limps out of the office with a big smile on their face."
- "Anyhow, now that you're a wealthy person, I've been considering your future."
- "You're not going to conform to my narrow vision of what a Scottish person is, so why don't you tell me what you're good at?"
- "I like to send people a stream - or should I say glacier - of passive-aggressive e-mails until the person becomes numb and confused and eventually falls into a frozen lake."
- "Many women have tried, and yet none have succeeded in making me into a decent person!"
- "Wearing this suit actually makes me feel like a better person."
- "I'm just a cut-price person in a low-budget land."
- "Krazy Gideon, celebrity insane person, will moderate the debate."
- "Bruno : Ahh, hello there, Mr. Scottish person."
- "I would have singled out just one person, but unfortunately science is not an exact science."
Haben Sie eine Anmerkung oder kennen Sie einen guten Trick, um keine Fehler mehr mit Person zu machen? Dann teilen Sie sie mit uns!