Übersetzung & Englisch-Wortschatz (See all)
(it costs 20) pounds: (das kostet 20) Pfund
to pound: hämmern
UK: This skirt only cost two pounds.
US: I was pounded on the head by a three-hundred-pound boxer.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Talk to me in pounds and ounces please."
- "My darling wife, Sophie, gave birth to the seven-pound two-ounce cutie at 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon."
- "In the last five years, the pound has risen 34 per cent against the dollar, including 10 per cent in the past 12 months."
- "250 pounds is about 114 kilograms, Jean."
- "Shoshana, who weighs 350 pounds (160 kilograms) and has a history of violence, will be put to sleep early next week."
- "The market has been driven by an exchange rate that has risen above two dollars to the British pound for the first time since the early 1980s."
- "Imagine having hundreds of millions of pounds to gamble every day."
- "Pounds and ounces!"
- "The market has been driven by an exchange rate that has risen above two dollars to the pound for the first time since the early 1980s."
Haben Sie eine Anmerkung oder kennen Sie einen guten Trick, um keine Fehler mehr mit Pound zu machen? Dann teilen Sie sie mit uns!