English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to abandon: to leave, to give up, to relinquish, to cease, to resign from
- "It's been abandoned since the earthquake of 1989."
- "This does not mean I'm abandoning you, or this company."
- "Furthermore, why is someone with your salary salvaging abandoned bikes out of trash cans?"
- "I will not be with you today, but do not feel abandoned."
- "Bruno : Betty had taken me to a restaurant where dishes were served in total darkness, where diners abandoned their vision and used only their other senses to experience the food they were eating."
Still having difficulties with 'Abandon'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Abandon'? Share it with us!