English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
an absence: a non-appearance, the opposite of a presence; a lack, a deficiency
- "Susie : First of all, you'll be happy to know that despite Bruno's absence, our shareholders still have confidence in us."
- "Subject: Absence"
- "For example, his repeated assertions concerning the absence of monkeys in his laboratory were quite unexpected."
- "Please forgive me for my absence, and wish me luck as I visit one of America's oldest and most famous cities, known for its lobsters and difficult-to-understand accents!"
- "I think I would prove particularly helpful during your periods of extended absence, as well as during "sleepy time", which, if I understood correctly, occurs nearly every afternoon."
- "All absences will be noted on your permanent record and result in firing squad!"
- "Miss Stake : But does this really warrant such frequent absences from Head Office?"
- "Subject: Temporary absence"
- "First of all, you'll be happy to know that despite Bruno's absence, our shareholders still have confidence in us."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Absence'? Share it with us!