English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
an absence: a non-appearance, the opposite of a presence; a lack, a deficiency
- "Susie : First of all, you'll be happy to know that despite Bruno's absence, our shareholders still have confidence in us."
- "Miss Stake : But does this really warrant such frequent absences from Head Office?"
- "First of all, you'll be happy to know that despite Bruno's absence, our shareholders still have confidence in us."
- "I think I would prove particularly helpful during your periods of extended absence, as well as during "sleepy time", which, if I understood correctly, occurs nearly every afternoon."
- "Subject: Absence"
- "Please forgive me for my absence, and wish me luck as I visit one of America's oldest and most famous cities, known for its lobsters and difficult-to-understand accents!"
- "Subject: Temporary absence"
- "All absences will be noted on your permanent record and result in firing squad!"
- "For example, his repeated assertions concerning the absence of monkeys in his laboratory were quite unexpected."
Still having difficulties with 'Absence'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Absence'? Share it with us!