English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
an (American) accent: an (American) articulation, pronunciation; tone, intonation
He speaks with such a strong accent that I could not understand anything he said.
- "I simply say "You are fired" in my sexy (and largely incomprehensible) accent and the person limps out of the office with a big smile on their face."
- "Her accent both confuses and arouses me."
- "Bruno insisted I have dinner with one of the Chinese business people who attended my presentation this afternoon: apparently she thought I had a "cute accent" when I spoke Mandarin."
- "My accent is stupid?"
- "I am happy with my own accent."
- "Listen to his disgusting accent."
- "Hannah has a strong British accent, and strong views on everything."
- "I speak with a fancy little accent and my best friend is the Queen of England."
- "Unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent."
- "Brian : My accent?"
Still having difficulties with 'Accent'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Accent'? Share it with us!