English vocabulary and translations (See all)
to accept (a gift): to receive, to welcome, to get (a gift)
I accepted an offer of marriage yesterday, but today I have changed my mind. I said 'yes' to a marriage proposal yesterday, but today I have changed my mind.
- "I am happy to accept the sandals."
- "I think we'd all do well to accept that Bruno isn't going to come back anytime soon."
- "In fact we don't accept money."
- "I accept your terms."
- "Are we willing, to accept the terms and conditions of our arrangement?"
- "Still, Miracle Juices' founders, Bruno Delavigne and Horatio Oléré, have refused to accept the initial terms of the offer, leading to prolonged bargaining sessions behind closed doors."
- "The owners of Bruno and Horatio's Miracle Juices have not yet decided whether or not to accept the offer."
- "Please accept this fruit basket as your prize."
- "You don't accept money?"
- "I accept."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Accept'? Share it with us!