English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
to accept (a gift): to receive, to welcome, to get (a gift)
I accepted an offer of marriage yesterday, but today I have changed my mind. I said "yes" to a marriage proposal yesterday, but today I have changed my mind.
- "I accept your terms."
- "I accept."
- "In fact we don't accept money."
- "I think we'd all do well to accept that Bruno isn't going to come back anytime soon."
- "You don't accept money?"
- "I am happy to accept the sandals."
- "The owners of Bruno and Horatio's Miracle Juices have not yet decided whether or not to accept the offer."
- "Are we willing, to accept the terms and conditions of our arrangement?"
- "Please accept this fruit basket as your prize."
- "Still, Miracle Juices' founders, Bruno Delavigne and Horatio Oléré, have refused to accept the initial terms of the offer, leading to prolonged bargaining sessions behind closed doors."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Accept'? Share it with us!