English vocabulary and translations (See all)
also known as (a.k.a.): alias, otherwise called
This is your girlfriend, aka 'the most important person in your life', calling. I'm otherwise known as the most important person in your life, aren't I?
- "Ray : Well folks, my pilot Rachid and I just flew over a section of Highway 1, also known as the Pacific Coast Highway, just outside of Malibu."
- "Fat Face Sal : And last but not least, representing our interests in Marseilles, Giovanni, a.k.a. the Corsican."
- "Wang's father, Zhi Zhi Wang (aka the Black Hand of Shanghai) took control of the brewery in the Spring of 1985."
- "I suggest you take the scenic Pacific Coast Highway (aka Highway 1)."
- "I'm writing because I'm contractually obliged to remind you that today is the ‘Delavigne talent show', also known as ‘Delavigne's got talent'."
- "Name: JOAN WAYNE AKA 'THE FASTEST DEADEST WOMAN IN THE WEST '"
- "Brian Jones, a.k.a., BJ"
- "This is the one and only Bruno Delavigne, a.k.a. your boss."
- "As some of you are no doubt aware, May Day, also known as International Workers' Day) is this Friday, and apparently a few thousand people will be celebrating with a mass protest on the streets of San Francisco."
- "Dr. Loblaw : Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the scientific study of anomalous speech patterns, also known as the 'crazy accent contest'."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Aka'? Share it with us!