English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
also known as (a.k.a.): alias, otherwise called
This is your girlfriend, aka "the most important person in your life", calling. I'm otherwise known as the most important person in your life, aren't I?
- "Dr. Loblaw : Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the scientific study of anomalous speech patterns, also known as the "crazy accent contest"."
- "I'm writing because I'm contractually obliged to remind you that today is the "Delavigne talent show", also known as "Delavigne's got talent"."
- "Brian Jones, a.k.a., BJ"
- "I suggest you take the scenic Pacific Coast Highway (aka Highway 1)."
- "Name: JOAN WAYNE AKA "THE
FASTESTDEADEST WOMAN IN THE WEST ""
- "Wang's father, Zhi Zhi Wang (aka the Black Hand of Shanghai) took control of the brewery in the Spring of 1985."
- "Fat Face Sal : And last but not least, representing our interests in Marseilles, Giovanni, a.k.a. the Corsican."
- "Ray : Well folks, my pilot Rachid and I just flew over a section of Highway 1, also known as the Pacific Coast Highway, just outside of Malibu."
- "As some of you are no doubt aware, May Day, also known as International Workers' Day) is this Friday, and apparently a few thousand people will be celebrating with a mass protest on the streets of San Francisco."
Still having difficulties with 'Aka'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Aka'? Share it with us!