English vocabulary and translations (See all)
to allow: to permit, to let, to authorize
Smoking in the office is not allowed. You must go outside if you want a cigarette.
UK: You're not allowed to smoke in this restaurant.
US: Our schedule allows time for coffee breaks.
- "It allows me to organize my time, remember appointments-"
- "Edward : But Bruno sir, if you're not satisfied with our customer service, please allow me to offer you a 50-dollar voucher for the perfume of your choice."
- "It's a type of software that allows you to do things on your E-Phone, like change your voice, break up with your girlfriend, watch virtual fish swimming."
- "Allow me to direct you to baby number 2."
- "Thank you for allowing me to see into your lovely soul, and for sharing so much of yourself with me."
- "Ms. Lohan already sits on our board of trustees, however she is considering investing a large amount of capital in the company, which would allow us to finally purchase the island zoo that Horatio keeps asking for."
- "This program allows you to spend an extra 6 weeks at home to bond with your baby, again at 60% pay."
- "InBrianaJones (Brian Jones) says : It's software that allows you to make cheap or free calls over the Internet."
- "Your company's plan allows you to increase or decrease your monthly pay-in at any time, as well as to re-allocate the investments of your plan."
- "And did you know that this little girl was only allowed to watch 2 hours of TV per night?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Allow'? Share it with us!