English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to allow: to permit, to let, to authorize
Smoking in the office is not allowed. You must go outside if you want a cigarette.
UK: You're not allowed to smoke in this restaurant.
US: Our schedule allows time for coffee breaks.
- "Allow me to direct you to baby number 2."
- "Your company's plan allows you to increase or decrease your monthly pay-in at any time, as well as to re-allocate the investments of your plan."
- "Thank you for allowing me to see into your lovely soul, and for sharing so much of yourself with me."
- "This program allows you to spend an extra 6 weeks at home to bond with your baby, again at 60% pay."
- "Edward : But Bruno sir, if you're not satisfied with our customer service, please allow me to offer you a 50-dollar voucher for the perfume of your choice."
- "It allows me to organize my time, remember appointments-"
- "It's a type of software that allows you to do things on your E-Phone, like change your voice, break up with your girlfriend, watch virtual fish swimming."
- "InBrianaJones (Brian Jones) says : It's software that allows you to make cheap or free calls over the Internet."
- "And did you know that this little girl was only allowed to watch 2 hours of TV per night?"
- "Ms. Lohan already sits on our board of trustees, however she is considering investing a large amount of capital in the company, which would allow us to finally purchase the island zoo that Horatio keeps asking for."
Still having difficulties with 'Allow'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Allow'? Share it with us!