English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
alongside (someone): next to, by the side of, parallel to, close to (someone)
The car pulled up alongside mine at the traffic lights. When the driver looked across at me, I knew he wanted a race.
I'd like to have my mother alongside me to hold my hand.
- "Brent : Then she told me that I had to pay her 300 dollars for - good morning everyone, this is Brent Vanderplop alongside my co-host Moira MacDonald."
- "It is exactly 9:07 am, and I am swimming alongside a dolphin."
- "My name is Bruno Delavigne, and alongside me for this very special press conference is my colleague and partner, Horatio Oléré."
- "Brent : I'm Brent Vanderplop alongside Moira MacDonald."
- "Brent : Good morning everyone, I'm Brent Vanderplop alongside my co-host Moira MacDonald."
- "He'd like to see his own image on the bottle - alongside Delavigne of course - since he thinks this fragrance sums up his personality so well."
- "The product, "Lion Flower", is currently being sold alongside "TigerLily" at one third of the price."
- "I'm Moira MacDonald, alongside Brent Vanderplop."
- "I'm Mr. Brent Vanderplop alongside Mrs. Moira MacDonald."
Still having difficulties with 'Alongside'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Alongside'? Share it with us!