English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
although: even though, despite the fact that
Although their mother told them not to, the children went into the pool.
UK: Although their mother told them not to, the children went into the pool.
US: I once went to Singapore, although I never left the airport.
- "Only three candidates remain, and although I can no longer remember what job these people are applying for, they must be very good at something to make it to this stage, which is very encouraging."
- "Jeff (Australia) : Well, Brent, Australia is a Commonwealth nation, under the protection of the Queen of England, although we're independent."
- "Although the media has been banned from the meetings, sources have reported yelling, dogs barking, and numerous bottles breaking during the negotiations."
- "Although I am your king, I want you to think of me as a really handsome friend, that controls your lives in every way."
- "Although all these modes of transport leave a lot to be desired, I believe that the train option is the least likely to make you want to commit suicide."
- "Here's the last line: Your nose is like an eagle's beak, although you cannot smell."
- "During my travels, however, I realized something: Although I'm an awesome person, my place is here, at the Delavigne Corporation."
- "No pigeons were harmed in the making of this film, although there are those who say they're pests, rats with wings."
- "Your nose is like an eagle's beak, although you cannot smell!"
- "Although we haven't recovered their bodies, we now bury the things that Bruno Delavigne and Horatio Oléré loved best: Bruno's dog Stink, and Horatio's monkey Giuseppe."
Still having difficulties with 'Although'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Although'? Share it with us!