English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
among, amongst: in the middle of, surrounded by, between
among us between us
among other things as well as other things
Among and amongst have the same meaning. Among is mainly used in the USA, while amongst is mainly used in Great Britain and Australia.
UK: I enjoy knitting and reading, amongst other things.
US: One of you among us is a traitor.
- "Staff : (talking amongst themselves)"
- "It's the most listened to genre of music among angry white teenagers."
- "I am delighted to announce that the first six months of this year have been among the most successful in the Delavigne Corporation's history."
- "Delavigne Corp, already considered a maverick in the cosmetics industry for its staunch refusal to use animals in the testing of their products (aside from their controversial volunteer monkeys), hopes to promote ecological awareness among its long-time customers as well as take advantage of a new wave of environmental consciousness among consumers, brought to national attention by the recent bestseller "Global Warming: It's all your fault"."
- "It is Delavigne's biggest seller Down Under (in Australia), and has been among the most popular fragrances for men aged 25-40 until recently."
- "Lack of sleep leads to irritability, poor behavior and trouble with relationships, especially among children and teens."
- "The goal is to create understanding amongst your colleagues."
- "In 1933, Xavier opened "La Parfumerie Xavier Delavigne", which became a favorite amongst locals."
- "A new report published by the BNB (Bad News Bearers) shows that obesity among Americans is not slowing down, as naive idealists continue to suggest, but rather growing at a nearly exponential rate."
- "For the last century, Delavigne has been among the industry leaders in cosmetics and perfumes."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Among'? Share it with us!