English vocabulary and translations (See all)
an appetizer: food served at the start of a meal to stimulate the appetite
I ordered the shrimp as an appetizer, and the steak for main course, but I was too full for a dessert.
- "Bruno : We'll start with some champagne please, and then the snails as an appetizer."
- "Clarence : As an appetizer, we have a plate of smoked salmon on a bed of asparagus."
- "I'll be right back with your drinks and appetizers shortly."
- "I made reservations for Chez Marguerite, but you must promise that you'll stick to an appetizer and a main course."
- "Hostess : Cocktails and appetizers are being served inside."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Appetizer'? Share it with us!