English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
approval: liking, regard, agreement
Philip is always trying to win Bruno's approval by complimenting him.
to give something a stamp of approval to officially agree to something
- "An infamous raider, Mazerati started out as a minor shareholder in D&C and spent years slowly accumulating the majority of the company's stock, discreetly buying up shares from the struggling members of the Dulce and Carpaccio families without the knowledge or approval of other stockholders."
- "Several departments, including Sales and Production, did not spend all of the money they were allocated at last year's budget approval meeting."
- "Bruno : You know it's funny, I didn't even know we had a "gold label edition" of "Bordello Breeze" in circulation, and usually I'm the one who gives final approval for our fragrance production."
- "And unless you have my approval, Delavigne will never get that permit to build a new retail store."
- "And most of them stock either Kalvin Krime or Grevelon, so I can only assume that there's been approval from the distributors."
- "This terrifies me, but we need FDA approval if we want to continue selling our products on the US market."
Still having difficulties with 'Approval'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Approval'? Share it with us!