As long as
English vocabulary and translations (See all)
as long as: on the condition that, providing that, if; as much time as
You can keep the car as long as you want. I have 3 other cars I can use.
Our business will continue to prosper as long as the economic situation does not change, in which case we will all need to find new jobs.
- "Philip, feel free to bring a date, as long as she doesn't mind that we talk a little business."
- "What I can say for certain, however, is that the future doesn't look bright for the Delavigne Corporation - at least as long as Bruno remains behind the steering wheel."
- "And finally, as long as you're removing junk from the building, why don't you help Horatio clear out some of the junk from his office?"
- "It is guaranteed to prevent crime (as long as it's used in combination with several other methods, which I am also researching)."
- "You can come over, as long as you bring some rum, some rubber gloves and a towel."
- "Sometimes I feel the company itself could be burning down, but as long as everything looked good on paper they would be satisfied."
- "I am quite happy to consider any of the above options, as long as it's number 4."
- "And as long as I've got my suit and tie"
- "We have always benefited from a healthy tourist industry, and as long as our city remains an attractive tourist destination we will continue to do so."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'As long as'? Share it with us!