English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
an Aussie: a person from Australia (informal language)
The term "Aussie" is pronounced as if it were written "ozzie", with a "z" sound rather than a hard "ss" sound.
- "Aussie : Because the currencies are not the same: 1 American Dollar is 1.1 Australian Dollars."
- "- Foster's (a type of beer that Aussies don't even like!"
- "Aussie : Well, the last time I looked, 1 American Dollar was worth about 1.1 Australian Dollars."
- "Brent : I heard that Aussies and Kiwis hated each other, like cowboys and Indians, Tom and Jerry, North Korea and everyone."
- "Shrimp catchers get paid 300 Aussie dollars for only 3 hours' work a day!"
- "Aussie : Sorry, mate."
- "Jeff (Australia) : Well, the nickname for Australia is "Oz", and the people are called "Aussies"."
- "Aussie : Oh!"
- "Aussie : What?"
- "Aussie : Thank you."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Aussie'? Share it with us!