Definition Be on the phone
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
(to be) on the phone: (to be) talking on the telephone, using the telephone
- "We spoke on the phone."
- "Well the person on the phone will explain."
- "Hello, here is Quentin Duchamps on the phone, from Frantastiques."
- "I spoke with one of your customer service representatives on the phone last week."
- "Didn't I speak with a woman on the phone the other day?"
- "I'm away from my office or on the phone right now, but please leave a detailed message with your name and phone number at the tone, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible."
- "I'm getting my lawyer Eli Horowitz on the phone!"
- "I was on the phone with a very important client, about to close a six-figure deal, when Stink attacked my leg."
- "Joe : Mr. Marron, you spoke to my colleague on the phone earlier today."
- "Are you on the phone long distance?"
Still having difficulties with 'Be on the phone'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Be on the phone'? Share it with us!