Definition Beach volleyball
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
(beach) volleyball: a game (played on the beach) in which two teams use their hands to hit a ball over a net without allowing the ball to touch the ground
- "How about we play beach volleyball?"
- "But to help me out is our Brazilian correspondent, João Carlos do Sabino, who's reporting on a women's beach volleyball tournament down in that fabulous city, Rio de Janeiro, João?"
- "The sun has just risen and I'm here on Ipanema Beach to report on the lovely girls from Ipanema, who are competing in the women's beach volleyball world championship."
- "My volleyball!"
- "Sponsoring the female Olympic beach volleyball team."
- "I've got my volleyball, my frisbee, my pack of playing cards, my poker chips, my swimming trunks."
Still having difficulties with 'Beach volleyball'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Beach volleyball'? Share it with us!