English vocabulary and translations (See all)
(beach) volleyball: a game (played on the beach) in which two teams use their hands to hit a ball over a net without allowing the ball to touch the ground
- "The sun has just risen and I'm here on Ipanema Beach to report on the lovely girls from Ipanema, who are competing in the women's beach volleyball world championship."
- "Sponsoring the female Olympic beach volleyball team."
- "But to help me out is our Brazilian correspondent, João Carlos do Sabino, who's reporting on a women's beach volleyball tournament down in that fabulous city, Rio de Janeiro, João?"
- "I've got my volleyball, my frisbee, my pack of playing cards, my poker chips, my swimming trunks."
- "My volleyball!"
- "How about we play beach volleyball?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Beach volleyball'? Share it with us!