English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
beyond: further than, after, past, over; exceeding, surpassing
Susie's performance is beyond Bruno's expectations. He thought that she would be good, but he didn't think she would be as amazing as she is.
UK: Susie's performance is beyond Bruno's expectations.
US: You'll find the Post Office beyond the church.
- "Beyond this, Mr. Feltchenheimer's ability to handle difficult situations with a calm and composed demeanor leads me to believe that he is our most serious prospect."
- "Feel the thrust of a rocket motor reaching Mach 3 as you fly beyond the Earth's atmosphere."
- "An overturned truck on the shoulder is causing problems southbound beyond the Golden Gate Bridge."
- "From what I understand about your company, I believe you might be interested in other production services beyond the glass bottles you outlined in your faxes."
- "I'm sure you know that China's workforce and economic growth make us a leading power for the 21st century and beyond."
- "But beyond its artistic mission, the gallery is clearly a provocative advertisement for the perfume company."
- "TigerLily promises to be the most popular perfume of the summer and beyond."
- "But my company has a number of concerns beyond price."
- "50,000 is a bit of a stretch: it's far beyond the standard practice for these sorts of things."
- "The memory will stay with you for the rest of your life and beyond."
Still having difficulties with 'Beyond'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Beyond'? Share it with us!