English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a bird : an animal with feathers and wings that can usually fly (parrot, penguin, chicken etc.)
I love watching birds flying in formation.
- "It's beautiful this time of year: the leaves are falling, the birds are singing, and best of all, it's hunting season!"
- "Jean : I don't know what kind of bird it is, but probably a pigeon."
- "On the beach, white sea birds attacked me and ate my sandwiches, then Masaki threw a rock at them which hit me on the head."
- "a tattoo, a birthmark, a mole, a bird, something!"
- "Jean : It is about a nice bird named Alouette."
- "The most contagious (and potentially fatal) strain of the virus, called H5N1, has the potential to decimate the global bird population."
- "I have given her a fabulous purple tiara to distinguish her from any other messenger birds you may receive."
- "On the beach, a lot of white sea birds attacked me and ate my sandwiches, then Masaki threw a rock at them which hit me on the head."
- "It is therefore only natural that birds should benefit from the same protection and fashion sense as us."
- "The scarf measures 50cm in length and is designed to fit around the necks of most birds (except ostriches and emus, which require modified versions of the scarf)."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Bird'? Share it with us!