English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a breakthrough (in medicine): a development, an advancement, a progression, a discovery (in medicine)
- "Bruno : Technological breakthrough?"
- "A team of French scientists is claiming a major breakthrough in the fight against the avian influenza virus (or 'bird flu'): a bird-sized scarf made of wool."
- "That was a real breakthrough."
- "You see, a small company listed on NASDAQ is about to announce an important technological breakthrough."
- "The reclusive Patrice, who retired from activity in 2002, is credited with many breakthroughs both in couture and in the fashion business."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Breakthrough'? Share it with us!