English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a breakthrough (in medicine): a development, an advancement, a progression, a discovery (in medicine)
- "The reclusive Patrice, who retired from activity in 2002, is credited with many breakthroughs both in couture and in the fashion business."
- "Bruno : Technological breakthrough?"
- "You see, a small company listed on NASDAQ is about to announce an important technological breakthrough."
- "That was a real breakthrough."
- "A team of French scientists is claiming a major breakthrough in the fight against the avian influenza virus (or "bird flu"): a bird-sized scarf made of wool."
Still having difficulties with 'Breakthrough'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Breakthrough'? Share it with us!