Definition Buy out
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to buy (a company) out: to buy a part of (a company) so that you own all of it
Kalvin Krime wants to buy out every perfume company in the world to have a monopoly - but they'll never get Delavigne! He wants to own everything himself!
to buy somebody out to buy a part of a company from somebody so that you own all of it
This is an irregular verb:
I buy / I bought out / I have bought out
- "Harold : You want to buy out Delavigne Corp?"
- "I want to buy out Delavigne Corp AND Warbuckle's International Department Stores."
- "He bought them out one by one, without anyone suspecting a thing."
- "Bruno : I'm sorry, Mr. Wang, I thought you just offered to buy me out."
- "I don't think you're serious, and I don't think you could buy us out."
- "I want to buy you out."
Still having difficulties with 'Buy out'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Buy out'? Share it with us!