Definition By now
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
by now: up to this moment
- "It's a solid program all around, the only problem is that it's probably a little out of date by now."
- "I hope that you're out of prison by now, because I don't think they let you check your e-mail in there."
- "By now, you've no doubt read the newspapers: devastating earthquakes, deadly floods, fatal epidemics, terrorist attacks, destructive hurricanes and death tolls in the thousands, and that's just on the front page!"
- "You should know by now that she handles all my appointments."
- "If it weren't for all the perfume in the air, I'd probably be asleep by now."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'By now'? Share it with us!