By the end of
English vocabulary and translations (See all)
by the end of (the year): before (the year) finishes, before the last day of (the year)
If I haven't been promoted by the end of the year, I will quit. December 31st may be my last day here.
- "I think you have a few sick days to use up by the end of the year."
- "Could you get it to me by the end of the day?"
- "To set up a meeting for this at your convenience, I propose to call your office by the end of this week."
- "It's true that his chemicals were well arranged when I entered the room. But by the end of the first day I nearly tripped over a bottle of hydrobromide trying to find the door."
- "I want the web page taken down by the end of the day, Gidyeon."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'By the end of'? Share it with us!