Definition By the end of
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
by the end of (the year): before (the year) finishes, before the last day of (the year)
If I haven't been promoted by the end of the year, I will quit. December 31st may be my last day here.
- "To set up a meeting for this at your convenience, I propose to call your office by the end of this week."
- "I think you have a few sick days to use up by the end of the year."
- "It's true that his chemicals were well arranged when I entered the room. But by the end of the first day I nearly tripped over a bottle of hydrobromide trying to find the door."
- "I want the web page taken down by the end of the day, Gidyeon."
- "Could you get it to me by the end of the day?"
Still having difficulties with 'By the end of'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'By the end of'? Share it with us!