English vocabulary and translations (See all)
to call for (something): to demand, to request, to ask for (something); to shout for (something)
Call for help! Shout (or telephone) for help!
The president called for peace between the two warring nations.
This good news means that we should celebrate!
- "I'm not sure what she has in mind exactly, but I imagine that she'll want to call for a press conference very soon."
- "Techie (Rachel) : This is Rachel Witt from Know-It-All Technical Solutions, I'm calling for a ."
- "'The May Day protesters are calling for a reform of the US immigration policy, universal health care, improved workers' rights and an end to all wars instigated by the US."
- "I could call for an ambulance."
- "Did you call for a cab?"
- "Specifically, the invoice called for 5,000 bottles to be produced for wholesale and retail distribution in France, and close to 15,000 bottles were actually produced."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Call for'? Share it with us!