English vocabulary and translations (See all)
to call for (something): to demand, to request, to ask for (something); to shout for (something)
Call for help! Shout (or telephone) for help!
The president called for peace between the two warring nations.
This good news means that we should celebrate!
- "I could call for an ambulance."
- "Specifically, the invoice called for 5,000 bottles to be produced for wholesale and retail distribution in France, and close to 15,000 bottles were actually produced."
- "Did you call for a cab?"
- "'The May Day protesters are calling for a reform of the US immigration policy, universal health care, improved workers' rights and an end to all wars instigated by the US."
- "I'm not sure what she has in mind exactly, but I imagine that she'll want to call for a press conference very soon."
- "Techie (Rachel) : This is Rachel Witt from Know-It-All Technical Solutions, I'm calling for a ."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Call for'? Share it with us!