English vocabulary and translations (See all)
Mr. Flimshaw's election campaign is not going very well. His attempts to get more voters don't seem to be having any effect.
an advertising campaign (or 'an ad campaign'): a series of activities to promote a product or service
to campaign: to organize activities to promote change, to protest, to fight
UK: I'm organizing a campaign against smoking.
US: The sales campaign has been very successful - everyone is buying our cigarettes!
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "The Delavigne Corporation is delighted to announce the launch of the new and improved Classic Collection publicity campaign, still starring Ivana Bümbüm. Offering a more subtle approach than the first version of the Classic Collection campaign earlier this year, the new marketing strategy is more innovative in its attention to nuance, and its bespoke approach."
- "In previous ad campaigns, Outback Cologne has been marketed as an extremely masculine scent for the 'outdoorsy', 'rugged', 'manly' type."
- "For example, I am proposing a grant of $1m to the Marketing Department to fund a Europe-wide campaign aimed at increasing sales of our mid-range collections."
- "Campaigning for the environment, counting money."
- "We will have a television campaign to accompany the product launch, the cream comes in a tube."
- "Once we have hired a subcontractor who is OILS certified, we can incorporate this detail into all subsequent ad campaigns."
- "I want to inform you that we are currently looking for a short jingle to accompany our new radio advertising campaign for Delavigne perfumes."
- "Enclosed in this pack are some samples taken from the Classic Collection campaign: our key image in Saudi Arabia, and its equivalent in France for comparison."
- "The advertisements are part of Kalvin Krime's campaign for its latest men's fragrance, Washed Up."
- "Susie : Bruno and I have already spoken about this latest Kalvin Krime campaign, and he agrees with me that it's not the kind of thing we want to get involved in."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Campaign'? Share it with us!