English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a canteen: a cheap restaurant, a cafeteria (often in an office or school)
- "You seem to have insulted a number of the staff, and one of Philip's clients left the canteen crying!"
- "You're no longer working in the canteen!"
- "To send a clear message to this racist I urge you to meet me in the canteen at 5pm tomorrow to design "anti-hate" posters."
- "You are all invited to the staff canteen at 1.30pm today for a concert of Christmas Carols with special guest, Horatio Oléré, on vocals (and me on piano)!"
- "WHERE: THE DELAVIGNE CANTEEN // ART GALLERY"
- "Brian : Well, isn't it nice to sit down together in the staff canteen?"
- "Jean : The canteen?"
- "After being kept in solitary confinement for two hours, he will be released only to discover staff and friends dressed as prisoners, and the festivities will begin in the old prison canteen!"
- "What's this I've been hearing about your attitude at the staff canteen?"
- "You now work at the canteen."
Still having difficulties with 'Canteen'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Canteen'? Share it with us!