Definition Carbon dioxide
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
carbon dioxide (or CO2): gas which is formed when carbon is burned
- "Susie : We compensate for these emissions by sponsoring the planting of the necessary amount of trees in India, to absorb the same amount of Co2."
- "I remove carbon dioxide from the blood and provide it with oxygen."
- "We continuously calculate the carbon dioxide emissions produced by our activities: machines, production, business trips by car, by plane, electricity for our offices, etcetera, etcetera."
- "Hannah : And there's gasoline and carbon monoxide everywhere!"
- "Let's not forget that one web search produces around 0.2g of CO2, whereas boiling a kettle generates 15g."
- "Scientists estimate that the web's carbon footprint (the CO2 it produces) is growing at around 10% per year, which could be bad news for internet giants such as Moogle, Microtosh, and YouLube."
Still having difficulties with 'Carbon dioxide'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Carbon dioxide'? Share it with us!