English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a (town, health) center (US), centre (UK): the middle, the heart (of a town); an organization (offering healthcare)
- "Due to popular demand, as well as the concerning rise of obesity in our office, I'm proud to officially open the “Xavier Delavigne Memorial Sport and Fitness center for exercise”."
- "San Francisco Center to Edward."
- "Chakras are meridian points, the center of spiritual power in the human body."
- "It's a fine city to do business in, and besides, I was told that Melbourne was mainly a cultural center."
- "In the 1960s, the Haight-Ashbury district was the center of the hippie counterculture movement and "Flower Power"."
- "The company, at the center of hundreds of scandals in the last 10 years, ranging from illegal bear hunts to monkey abuse to laboratory explosions, just can't seem to get their act together."
- "The balloon lost radio contact with airport personnel some time after 7:00 am, said air traffic controllers at the Napa Valley Hot Air Center, from where the balloon took off the previous night."
- "We sincerely hope that your stay at the Center for Rest and Peace is going tranquilly, and that you are enjoying the myriad rewards of our relaxing retreat."
- "Welcome to the Center for Rest And Peace (CRAP)."
Still having difficulties with 'Center-noun'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Center-noun'? Share it with us!