English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a century: a period of 100 years; a hundred
My ancestors immigrated here at the start of the 18th century.
- "For the last century, Delavigne has been among the industry leaders in cosmetics and perfumes."
- "In their heyday in the mid-20th century, American labor unions provided a political force to be reckoned with."
- "The Delavigne Corporation is one of San Francisco's most-respected local businesses, producing fine products since the early twentieth century."
- "I'm sure you know that China's workforce and economic growth make us a leading power for the 21st century and beyond."
- "Bill : Yes: of the century."
- "Philip (singing) : I'm a twenty-first century guy, I don't care when Hannah says "Bye"."
- "Wow, 102 years old, that's more than a century!"
- "Bobby Vanquish, the king of jazz, returns to San Francisco this weekend, accompanied by six of the 21st century's finest horn players."
- "The takeover was an unexpected blow to the family-run business that could mark the end of a century of locally-tailored Italian couture."
- "Philip (singing) : I'm a twenty-first century guy, I don't shake hands when I say "Hi"!"
Still having difficulties with 'Century'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Century'? Share it with us!