English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a century: a period of 100 years; a hundred
My ancestors immigrated here at the start of the 18th century.
- "Bill : Yes: of the century."
- "The Delavigne Corporation is one of San Francisco's most-respected local businesses, producing fine products since the early twentieth century."
- "For the last century, Delavigne has been among the industry leaders in cosmetics and perfumes."
- "Philip (singing) : I'm a twenty-first century guy, I don't shake hands when I say "Hi"!"
- "I'm sure you know that China's workforce and economic growth make us a leading power for the 21st century and beyond."
- "The takeover was an unexpected blow to the family-run business that could mark the end of a century of locally-tailored Italian couture."
- "Philip (singing) : I'm a twenty-first century guy, I don't care when Hannah says "Bye"."
- "In their heyday in the mid-20th century, American labor unions provided a political force to be reckoned with."
- "Wow, 102 years old, that's more than a century!"
- "Bobby Vanquish, the king of jazz, returns to San Francisco this weekend, accompanied by six of the 21st century's finest horn players."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Century'? Share it with us!