English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a city: a big town (for example Birmingham, Seattle, Hamburg)
- "By the time I get home, I only have enough energy for a glass of Pinot Grigio, an episode of "Sex And The City" and then I'm off to bed."
- "In related news, the city of Houston, Texas can once again claim the title of "America's fattest city", narrowly beating New Orleans for the dubious distinction."
- "However, it was also a year of revolution, where social networks changed the way we remove dictators and riot in major cities."
- "It's best way to appreciate city."
- "Philip : Well, as exciting as that sounds, and it does sound exciting, this is the city of love."
- "Thursday : Sources report that the jet setting juice juggernaut was partying hard in the underwater city of Atlantis , riding sea horses and organizing illegal dolphin fights."
- "As mayor of the Munchkin city, in the county of the land of Oz, I welcome you most regally."
- "The Emerald city - as fast as lightning!"
- "My future plans are to leave the city as soon as possible, assume a new identity and start a new life in a murder-free area."
- "San Francisco has historically been a city tolerant of minority groups."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'City'? Share it with us!