English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
civilized (US), civilised (UK): cultured, polite; developed
- "It is always a pleasure to receive mail from the more civilized members of San Francisco society."
- "For god's sake, this is a civilised country!"
- "I look forward to hearing from you, and hope that we can resolve this issue in a civilized manner."
- "I think we can find a civilized solution to the situation."
- "Bruno and his brother Felix are having a civilized debate"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Civilized'? Share it with us!