English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
civilized (US), civilised (UK): cultured, polite; developed
- "Bruno and his brother Felix are having a civilized debate"
- "I think we can find a civilized solution to the situation."
- "For god's sake, this is a civilised country!"
- "It is always a pleasure to receive mail from the more civilized members of San Francisco society."
- "I look forward to hearing from you, and hope that we can resolve this issue in a civilized manner."
Still having difficulties with 'Civilized'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Civilized'? Share it with us!