English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a close friend: a very close companion, a real friend
Susie is a close friend. I've known her for 20 years and know everything about her.
- "That's why I'm bringing in a very special consultant – a close friend of mine from heaven – Mr. Michael Jackson."
- "Bruno Delavigne was pronounced dead early this morning at San Francisco's Sinai Memorial Hospital by personal physician and close friend, Dr. Otto von Headcold."
- "I'm a close friend of singer Elkie Johns and I've been to some pretty wild parties."
- "Take the time to phone close relatives."
- "It's Horatio's 102nd birthday next Thursday, and I wanted to do something special for him. He is one of my closest friends and sometimes I get the impression that he is lonely in that laboratory of his."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Close friend'? Share it with us!