Definition Close friend
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a close friend: a very close companion, a real friend
Susie is a close friend. I've known her for 20 years and know everything about her.
- "That's why I'm bringing in a very special consultant – a close friend of mine from heaven – Mr. Michael Jackson."
- "It's Horatio's 102nd birthday next Thursday, and I wanted to do something special for him. He is one of my closest friends and sometimes I get the impression that he is lonely in that laboratory of his."
- "I'm a close friend of singer Elkie Johns and I've been to some pretty wild parties."
- "Take the time to phone close relatives."
- "Bruno Delavigne was pronounced dead early this morning at San Francisco's Sinai Memorial Hospital by personal physician and close friend, Dr. Otto von Headcold."
Still having difficulties with 'Close friend'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Close friend'? Share it with us!