English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to collect: to gather, to assemble, to group; to get and keep things of one type (such as stamps or coins) as a hobby
I've collected all the documents we need for this case. They are here in this folder.
We haven't collected enough bottles yet. Let's go and look for some more
John collects stamps. He has stamps from all over the world
- "The money you contribute doesn't go to today's old people, no: it's placed into a pension fund where it will grow until you collect it when you retire."
- "Some people enjoy collecting knives, others enjoy building robots, and some English people like me think that the most enjoyable hobby of all is to hunt a small fox with a pack of dogs."
- "The mail will be collected this evening, not to mention I have this report to finish!"
- "Jorge : I just came to collect my things."
- "Also, please put together a contract for Brian, and collect any information we need to fill out our paperwork: social security number, medical history, insurance information and any other personal details."
- "Before the festivities begin we have to collect the most important guest – Bruno Delavigne!"
- "Security guard : Thank you sir, you can go and collect your luggage."
- "In 3 or 4 years, you'll love the interest we've collected!"
- "Announcement : This is a reminder that all international passengers must go through customs and immigration before collecting their baggage."
- "Don't forget to collect your bags before you leave the station, and enjoy New York!"
Still having difficulties with 'Collect'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Collect'? Share it with us!