Definition Come by
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to come by (your house): to pass by, to visit (your house)
I wanted to come by and see you this afternoon but I'm not sure where your house is.
- "I just wanted to warn you that our efficiency expert, Miss Fiona Stake, will be coming by to perform an on-site inspection of your office this Thursday."
- "No problem. I will come by in the afternoon maybe?"
- "I'm supposed to be coming by your offices next Wednesday to begin my review."
- "I'm sure you are already aware of this, but our efficiency expert, Miss Fiona Stake, will be coming by your office Monday morning to begin her review."
- "So please find time to come by my office no later than Thursday, because I'm taking Friday off."
- "Can I come by and pick them up this afternoon?"
- "I'll tell you what, if you have some time this afternoon, I could come by your office and pick you up."
- "Bob : Didn't Polly tell you I was coming by?"
- "Why don't I come by and do an on-site inspection of the machine to determine if it is a worthwhile expenditure?"
- "Susie loves it when I come by for my little chats, right, Mamacita?"
Still having difficulties with 'Come by'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Come by'? Share it with us!