Definition Come to my attention
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
it has come to my attention that...: I have noticed that...; I have been informed that...
This is an expression that is used frequently to start a letter or a speech.
- "It has come to my attention that there is a live animal on this plane, and due to customs regulations, we will have to land the plane in Guatemala."
- "It has recently come to my attention that one of our fellow employees in the finance department, who shall remain nameless, is unable to share in the camaraderie of "Casual Fridays"."
- "It has recently come to my attention that our security system here at Delavigne is terribly inadequate."
- "It has come to my attention that McGillicutty's has yet to stock Delavigne goods."
- "Mayor : It has recently come to my attention that your company intends to build a second retail store on Market Street."
- "It has recently come to my attention that one of my employees, Jean Marcel Marron, was arrested this afternoon on charges of reckless endangerment and driving without a US driver's license."
- "It has recently come to my attention that some of you aren't up-to-date on the hiring policy here at the Delavigne Corporation."
- "It has recently come to Bruno's attention that you fired Karen Hughes, a retail manager who came to you in order to offer you her resignation."
- "Polly : It has recently come to my attention that you charged a business class plane ticket from San Francisco to Jakarta to your expense account at Delavigne."
Still having difficulties with 'Come to my attention'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Come to my attention'? Share it with us!