English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to comfort (someone): to console, to encourage, to calm, to reassure (someone)
- "Jean : Poor Philip, I would stay and comfort you, but I have to go."
- "The airline is set to revolutionise the low-cost airline industry, setting new standards in price, comfort, service and destination options."
- "Comfort: Non-existent"
- "He needs a comforting hand to stroke him."
- "Comfort: Quite impressive"
- "Comfort: Minimal"
- "You can earn serious money without leaving the comfort of your own home."
- "Comfort Tired of being packed in like sardines?"
- "After all this turmoil and excitement, I needed to sort things out for myself in the comfort of my family home."
Still having difficulties with 'Comfort'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Comfort'? Share it with us!