English vocabulary and translations (See all)
to commence: to start, to begin
UK: He says he wants to commence legal proceedings against me!
US: The opera will commence in four-and-a-half minutes.
- "You also need to state your intention to commence legal action against the debtor-"
- "Commence recording now."
- "Robot : Commence Gymglish Episode Creation sequence."
- "Bethany : I may commence legal proceedings to recover the debt, without further notice to you."
- "Admiral Jones : Commencing recording now."
- "The case of Jones, Brian Jones versus Corp, Delavigne Corp will now commence."
- "If the matter is not resolved within four business days, I may commence legal proceedings to recover the debt, without further notice to you, and this letter may be tendered in court as evidence of your failure to attempt settlement."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Commence'? Share it with us!