English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a costume: an outfit, a disguise, a uniform, an ensemble
Note that a "costume" never refers to a set of formal clothing such as a "suit". A costume generally refers to a "disguise" worn for special occasions.
- "Classic Halloween costumes : The cowboy, the giant poodle, the human toothbrush, the marshmallow."
- "About your costume."
- "Now Moira, I want you to guess where I am. I will give you a clue, I am surrounded by a thousand samba dancers in sparkling costumes."
- "I personally pledge to oversee all costumes and dance routines in order to ensure their fabulousness."
- "no costume tho, coming straight from work"
- "Then the children put on scary costumes and collect sweets from everybody."
- "Wow, your police costumes are fantastic!"
- "That is a pretty cool costume you're wearing."
- "Don't you have a costume?"
- "Philip : I am wearing a costume."
Still having difficulties with 'Costume'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Costume'? Share it with us!