English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a couch: a sofa, a piece of furniture wider than a chair
UK: Sit down on the couch and have a nice cup of tea.
US: I need to buy a new couch for my apartment.
- "I didn't really find it in the couch - there are monsters under there."
- "I've found approximately 1.2 million dollars under the cushions of the couch in my office!"
- "Philip : I also have a couch."
- "Bruno : All the same, the other day, when the server started beeping, Jean ran into the break room and hid behind the couch."
- "There's a couch there."
- "Lie down on the couch if you like."
Still having difficulties with 'Couch'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Couch'? Share it with us!