English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
the currency: the type of money used in a country (Pounds, Dollars, Yen, Euros etc.)
-What is the currency of Japan? -The Yen.
Where will you buy your foreign currency? -At the Post Office before I go on holiday.
- "Aussie : Because the currencies are not the same: 1 American Dollar is 1.1 Australian Dollars."
- "Five years ago, a sheik of the Royal House of Bahreindeer deposited a huge sum of American currency in my bank."
- "Horatio, normally the average cost of your monthly supplies is around 600 dollars, US currency."
- "What's that in US currency?"
- "the currencies are virtually the same."
- "What is the currency of Sweden?"
- "It has very, err, primitive spreadsheet capabilities and the payroll program still measures French currency in Francs."
Still having difficulties with 'Currency'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Currency'? Share it with us!