English vocabulary and translations (See all)
the currency: the type of money used in a country (Pounds, Dollars, Yen, Euros etc.)
-What is the currency of Japan? -The Yen.
Where will you buy your foreign currency? -At the Post Office before I go on holiday.
- "Five years ago, a sheik of the Royal House of Bahreindeer deposited a huge sum of American currency in my bank."
- "the currencies are virtually the same."
- "What's that in US currency?"
- "What is the currency of Sweden?"
- "It has very, err, primitive spreadsheet capabilities and the payroll program still measures French currency in Francs."
- "Aussie : Because the currencies are not the same: 1 American Dollar is 1.1 Australian Dollars."
- "Horatio, normally the average cost of your monthly supplies is around 600 dollars, US currency."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Currency'? Share it with us!