English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
currently: at the moment, at the present time
I am currently on the phone with another customer, but when I have finished with them I can help you.
UK: I'm currently on the phone with another depressed person. Please phone back later.
US: I'm currently standing on top of a tall bulding waiting to jump. This can't wait!
- ""I'm afraid we are currently experiencing cash-flow problems and will not be able to pay for the shipment of perfumes until next month."
- "You're currently using Skyte right now to chat with me."
- "Your contribution is currently divided into a portfolio of American mutual funds, stocks and bonds."
- "Horatio seems unaffected by our predicament and is currently bathing in a cauldron of bearnaise sauce."
- "Currently being repaired (see below)."
- "He is currently in stable condition, and alternates between screaming and farting."
- "Kate : Mr. Cheeter, you're currently paying 350 dollars into your 401(k) plan every month."
- "What am I currently investing in, Katie?"
- "The US property market is currently suffering a credit crisis, making it attractive for Britons who cannot cope with the sky-high house prices at home."
- "Engineers are currently developing craft which would be able to fly from London to New York in 35 hours."
Still having difficulties with 'Currently'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Currently'? Share it with us!