English vocabulary and translations (See all)
currently: at the moment, at the present time
I am currently on the phone with another customer, but when I have finished with them I can help you.
UK: I'm currently on the phone with another depressed person. Please phone back later.
US: I'm currently standing on top of a tall bulding waiting to jump. This can't wait!
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Horatio seems unaffected by our predicament and is currently bathing in a cauldron of bearnaise sauce."
- "Kate : Mr. Cheeter, you're currently paying 350 dollars into your 401(k) plan every month."
- "Let me explain: the company is doing well, and our growing number of customers requires more attention than we are currently providing."
- "The US property market is currently suffering a credit crisis, making it attractive for Britons who cannot cope with the sky-high house prices at home."
- "Engineers are currently developing craft which would be able to fly from London to New York in 35 hours."
- "You're currently using Skyte right now to chat with me."
- "'I'm afraid we are currently experiencing cash-flow problems and will not be able to pay for the shipment of perfumes until next month."
- "He is currently in stable condition, and alternates between screaming and farting."
- "What am I currently investing in, Katie?"
- "Your contribution is currently divided into a portfolio of American mutual funds, stocks and bonds."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Currently'? Share it with us!