English vocabulary and translations (See all)
currently: at the moment, at the present time
I am currently on the phone with another customer, but when I have finished with them I can help you.
UK: I'm currently on the phone with another depressed person. Please phone back later.
US: I'm currently standing on top of a tall bulding waiting to jump. This can't wait!
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "The US property market is currently suffering a credit crisis, making it attractive for Britons who cannot cope with the sky-high house prices at home."
- "Kate : Mr. Cheeter, you're currently paying 350 dollars into your 401(k) plan every month."
- "He is currently in stable condition, and alternates between screaming and farting."
- "Your contribution is currently divided into a portfolio of American mutual funds, stocks and bonds."
- "You're currently using Skyte right now to chat with me."
- "'I'm afraid we are currently experiencing cash-flow problems and will not be able to pay for the shipment of perfumes until next month."
- "What am I currently investing in, Katie?"
- "Horatio seems unaffected by our predicament and is currently bathing in a cauldron of bearnaise sauce."
- "Currently being repaired (see below)."
- "Engineers are currently developing craft which would be able to fly from London to New York in 35 hours."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Currently'? Share it with us!