English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a database: a computer program or system for storing information
a database management system, DBMS
- "Created database of personnel using PurpleSoft Software"
- "Kate : I'm not finding you in the database."
- "If that means buying licenses for the Miracle software, then I want you to buy them. The features of the programs you described are all well and good, but Icarus tells me that the Miracle database provides all of these functions and more, plus a lifetime warranty for the software and 24 hour-a-day technical support."
- "Fiona : As the CFO of this corporation, I assume you have an extensive method for the retention of information: a filing system, a database."
- "If you just give me a second while I search our database."
- "He suggested that we purchase the latest version of the Miracle database, but it seems to me that Miracle is out of our price range."
- "The data is stored in several different databases, and none of it is consolidated within a single repertory."
- "I've been researching some different programs which meet our requirements, and it seems that the Miracle database should fulfill our, err, needs with the appropriate amount of security."
- "The AFS machine automatically dismisses a worker after their name has been entered into its database."
Still having difficulties with 'Database'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Database'? Share it with us!