English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a deadline: a time or day limit (by which something must be done or finished)
I have to finish this project today; I have a deadline to meet.
You've already missed the deadline. The teacher wanted the homework by 10am.
Susie has a 5 PM deadline to complete the proposal.
- "I believe he said something about financial deadlines, or a ski vacation, I can't remember."
- "Deadline: to be completed in 3 months."
- "Susie : If we agree on a deadline of 3 months, we would need the Delavigne name to be mentioned at least 60 times in the book."
- "And the deadline for this project is 2 months."
- "And a deadline of 3 months would mean I would have to turn down some other work I've been offered."
- "that makes six weeks - we'll miss the deadline!"
- "By the time it reaches Brazil, we will have missed the delivery deadline!"
- "Working as part of a team to tight deadlines."
Still having difficulties with 'Deadline'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Deadline'? Share it with us!