English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
decent: respectable, reasonable, adequate, fine
The accommodation during our vacation was decent. It was satisfactory for the price we paid.
- "Many women have tried, and yet none have succeeded in making me into a decent person!"
- "I haven't met Bruno himself yet, and this guy can't make a decent cup of coffee."
- "There was a decent turnout: Icarus, Luna, and Philip all made it."
- "And I'm afraid we won't be able to give it a decent burial until you settle last month's invoice."
- "Go to a decent tailor and get measured properly."
- "If you're not prepared to pay a decent price, I'll find another buyer."
- "Before I forget, here is the financial report for the fall quarter, I think the numbers are pretty decent."
Still having difficulties with 'Decent'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Decent'? Share it with us!