English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to declare: to say, to express, to state, to announce
We have just declared war on Texas. The announcement was made half an hour ago.
Nothing to declare (at customs) I have brought no dutiable goods (alcohol, cigarettes, etc.) into the country.
- "Dogs , which were declared the "World's Favourite Pet" after a recent survey."
- "Sir Robert Bear MP, Shadow Secretary for the Environment, shocked Parliament yesterday by declaring that "the notion that climate change is a man-made phenomenon is pure poppycock"."
- "Bruno : I declare that I'm hungry."
- "Bruno : Alright, since there are no other questions, I declare this meeting finished."
- "Anything to declare, Bruno?"
- "A 12-hour ceasefire is declared in the Middle East;"
- "I, Hector Melvin Jones, declare this to be my last will and testament."
Still having difficulties with 'Declare'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Declare'? Share it with us!