English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a device: a gadget, a machine, a tool, an instrument, an appliance
UK: I've invented a device which allows drivers to sleep at the wheel.
US: My shop sells electrical devices and other gadgets.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "But some claim that such devices are more practical than real books."
- "Perhaps it would be quicker if you used this device to count the perfumes - the workers call it the 'stock counter'."
- "The device shows that we have three bottles at fifty dollars per unit – that makes an inventory of a hundred and fifty dollars."
- "I'm so happy to think of all the trees I'll save with this fabulous electronic device!"
- "Bob and his assistant Jean Marron manage a team of technicians and engineers who handle all of our information systems, software applications, hardware devices, etcetera."
- "The strange inventory numbers were all due to a programming glitch with the inventory-counting device."
- "The e-book is a newfangled electronic device."
- "I, for one, will never ever consider wasting my money on one of these e-book devices."
- "Anyway, you can send me the device and of course my cheque."
- "I was able to use it at the weekend, and I purchased a device which disguises the voice."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Device'? Share it with us!