English vocabulary and translations (See all)
directly: promptly, immediately, at once, right away; honestly, frankly, openly
When you finish school come directly home. Don't go to the shop and don't talk to any strangers.
The post office is directly across the street from the parking lot.
- "My advice is to write an e-mail to Ms. DeLune directly."
- "A fellow student said "Zack was careful not to throw the candy directly at people, but a caramel square did land quite near my foot"."
- "Please proceed directly to your bus at Gate 6."
- "In any case, I prefer to discuss this matter directly with their creator."
- "Why don't you transfer me directly to Mr. Delavigne's voicemail?"
- "Please allow me now to pose a rhetorical question to all of you: is it normal that I am directly receiving phone calls from customers?"
- "Please proceed directly to your bus at Gate 4."
- "Allow me to respond to some of this month's suggestions more directly"
- "We take the flavor of Brazil and put it directly into our cows."
- "Over the course of my career, I have developed an array of skills which I am confident you will find directly applicable to the needs of your CEO."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Directly'? Share it with us!